DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Functions as scribe; requires knowledge and understanding of retina-specific ophthalmology terminology.
Requires proficient keyboarding skills, use of electronic medical record and image management system.
Skilled in ophthalmic terminology, ability to type words accurately with speed and knowledge of ARC Electronic Medical Records system.
Prepares patients and rooms for treatments and minor procedures as directed by the physician.
Ability to obtain patient’s past and current medical and ophthalmic history including information regarding medications, allergies and family history of eye problems.
Identifies any potential patient concerns and brings these issues to the attention of the Office Coordinator or physician as appropriate.
Ability to measure and record both distance and near visual acuity and pinhole acuity; performs preliminary refraction using objective equipment.
Ability to measure intraocular pressures by applanation tonometry, pneumatonometry and/or use of tonopen, checks pupillary response to light and pupillary defects.
Performs basic visual field testing and patient education as directed by Physician.
Basic understanding of examination and procedure codes (ICD-9 codes) when inputting into the Electronic Medical Records system.
Ensures that accurate procedure coding/charges for all procedures/drugs for all patients and correct diagnosis codes are used.
High School Diploma or higher.
Strong attention to detail and expert keyboard (Scribe) skills.
Ability to understand and correctly spell medical terminology and numbers as percentages; analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others (teamwork) and provide superior customer service to patients
Associated Retinal Consultants, P.C., Novi, MI
Associated Retinal Consultants, P.C. is a leader in the medical field, treating diseases of the retina. We have 16 locations throughout Michigan, with 18 physicians practicing cutting-edge medicine. We are seeking a full-time Call Center/Scheduler to staff our Central Scheduling / Call Center operations located at our Novi administrative office.
- Pleasantly greet all visitors and patients, whether in person or by telephone
- Answer inbound calls within designated time frames, answer questions, and direct calls to appropriate person
- Consistently provide excellent customer service
- Schedule patient appointments accurately in Practice Management System and consistent with individual physician preference
- Verify and accurately record patient demographic, insurance, and other information
- Works with team of co-workers in Call Center and the clinics to answer questions and maintain appropriate scheduling of patients
- On occasion, may provide backup to, and perform all duties of, Medical Office Specialists at ARC clinics, as needed
- Perform other clinical and administrative office functions, including those associated with support of satellite offices, as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a medical office
- Working knowledge of insurance carriers and their requirements, including prior authorization, preferred
- Excellent phone etiquette, verbal communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Proficient keyboarding skills, working knowledge of database systems, and comfortable with the use of technology
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Practice Management System following initial training period
- Ability to perform as a team player
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
We are open M-F, no nights or weekends. We offer a generous benefits package for employees including fully funded Medical/Life/LTD/STD insurance, as well as vision, dental, and retirement benefits.
Job Type: Full-time